Thursday, February 23, 2012

Strange Friendships?


I often wonder why we don't see more scenes like the one pictured above. Two men walking together on a nude beach; one black, one white. Nothing to indicate any type of relationship aside from platonic friendship. First glance and most will state the obvious: again, one's black and the other is white. So, what's the big deal? Can't they be friends?

This is a sight that I usually don't see. A black man and a white man, one-on-one and friends. I'm aware of the stereotypical cliche`: "some of my best friends are black." This standard comeback typically means I have one acquaintance (most times, a co-worker) who's African-American. Or vice-versa. Rarely do I ever see a one-on-one mixed race amicable situation, even in larger metropolitan areas. Romantic relationships, yes. Friendships? Hardly ever.

I know from personal experience that whenever two same gender loving men are seen together, the general assumption is that they're physically intimate. Then follows the secondary judgment that the black man is the top who is fucking the presumed white bottom. Oh yes, another myth concerning the supposed massive cock (Mandingo dick) of the African-American. It's funny sometimes how one stereotype perpetuates another. Please don't misunderstand me; I've no problem with mixed race romantic relationships. I've been in those myself and found them to be emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually gratifying and rewarding.

I have quite a few gay friends who are black. I also have some male friends who are both black and heterosexual. Most of the time, when I'm in the company of an African-American queer friend, the two automatic assumptions mentioned above prevail. We're together so we must be in a physical relationship. He's black and I'm white so he's fucking my ass with his huge manhood. Otherwise, why else would we be together? 

I'm the proverbial "chocoholic" and he's the "snow queen." We're judged this by men of  most all ethnicities and races. That has to be reason that we're together. Otherwise, there's no plausible explanation (in their minds) for us to be seen in public. None seem to even entertain the thought that maybe we happen to be non-sexual friends who have something in common outside of physical involvement. It's inconceivable that there's the possibility of a plain, old-fashioned friendship coming into play here.  

What's incomprehensible to most men is the simple fact that we're two gay men, both nudists but of different races, who happen to be just friends. We enjoy each others company, have at least one common interest, such as sports, photography, reading, art, etc., and are both struggling to find happiness in life while facing an all-to-often hateful, homophobic and hostile world. That's the reason that we're together.

We can see that our skin color is different. That's obvious to all. One cock may be larger than the other. That's obvious, also. However, between the both of us, it just doesn't matter. We're beyond the obvious and the physical. We're friends!

Respectfully,
Black Lover Naked

No comments: