Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Vision For This Blog: Black Lover Naked II

Now that I've published several posts here, I'm getting a clearer picture of what I'd like this blog to be. As I shared with you in my initial article, this blogsite is about publicly expressing my concerns, desires, dreams, experiences, fears, fetishes, ideas, memories, motives, opportunities, passions and possibilities. In doing this, I am opening my soul to all of you, the readers. My hope is that you will do the same through utilizing either the comment feature located at the end of each entry or the email option. My blog email address is located with the "Take Naked Pictures" icon located on the right column on your screen. For your convenience, it is:  blklvrnkd@gmail.com My goal is not to judge but to make this publication an interactive vehicle for us all. I value any and all feedback, opinions and suggestions. Excerpts from emails may be published in part here; however, the names, addresses  and identities of the authors will always be confidential.

In my lifetime, I've encountered a number of men who have feelings, desires and appreciations that are similar, if not identical, to my own. My plans are to offer these to you, the readers, not as a means of making converts but as a way to demonstrate the wide range of tastes and preferences within our same gender loving community. My wish is that others open themselves to new possibilities and explore options available to them. None of us, as gay men, need to restrict ourselves to one particular classification, identity or label. There's a world of possibilities waiting for us all.

Ideally, this blog will help to build bridges between black men and white men, directly. For far too long, our same gender loving community has been artificially separated along ethnic and racial lines. This division often was unintentional; but, unfortunately, it existed. At times, this polarization was intentional and done with malice and with disregard towards the offended and victimized group. Those days and practices have harmed our community and our equal rights movement; now is the time to heal, come together, resolve our differences and move forward. In order for this to happen, all of us need to acknowledge and understand these past divisions and exclusions. Ignorance isn't bliss, contrary to popular folklore. As a culture, we have enough enemies fighting against us and our equality; it's now time for us to unite.

I envision this space to serve as an educational vehicle for the same gender loving naturist/nudist culture. Too often, we are a misunderstood and ignored component of our broader GLBT community. I see this web-blog and the contents here as a tool for outreach and information about us and our lives that perhaps we may enlighten others as to what we're about. I'm not asking everyone to like us and to join our ranks. All that I seek here is respect and understanding. As stated in the paragraph above, again it is time for us to heal differences and to correct misinformation. Now is the moment in our same gender loving collective history to unify and forge our collective future.

Respectfully,
Black Lover Naked 



No comments: