Monday, August 6, 2012

Reflection: Six Months Plus...


It's hard for me to believe, but I've been blogging for just a little over six months here. At times, it's seemed like it was only yesterday that I started. Other moments, it feels like years. Regardless, it's been a growth experience for me as well as a challenge. I have no regrets in undertaking this project. Overall, it has been interesting.

This blog, Black Lover Naked II, like practically every other blog, is a work-in-progress. Just like President Obama on the issue of gay marriage, it evolves over time. One aspect remains the same. It does represent my admiration, appreciation and love of black men, regardless of age, size, skin color, height or ability. There are some things in life that simply don't change.

In the brief six months of this blog, I've been amazed at the number of pageviews that it's received. Almost 1,700 total. That number is small in comparison to other blogs. That doesn't matter to me. I think it shows that there is an audience out there in cyberspace that relates to what I'm trying to do here. Somehow, what's happening here at least a few other men can relate.

One of the personal pleasures that I derive from writing Black Lover Naked II is selecting the photographs to feature. I have collected quite a number of pictures of attractive black men over the past several years. I enjoy looking over them and deciding which ones to include with the different texts. As I go through them, sometimes an idea comes to my mind for another subject to post here.

I invite all of you to take advantage of the comments feature. Please share your thoughts and opinions on what's been offered here currently and what you'd like to see in the future. I also want to thank all of you for visiting here.

Respectfully,
Black Lover Naked

No comments: